Operate cutting machine and process orders according to specification.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Comply with safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Read and interpret work orders and instructions in order to determine work assignments, process specifications, and production schedules.
• Reviews job tickets for information and material accuracy before production runs.
• Sets-up and operates cutter for production runs.
• Performs line clearances.
• Performs in-process inspections of cutting operations.
• Performs routine maintenance on cutter as required.
• Troubleshoots and repairs cutter when required.
• Monitor equipment operations, gauges, and panel lights in order to detect deviations from standards.
• Works directly with management on product quality and process improvement challenges.
• Perform other duties as needed.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred; 2 plus years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of education
Experience: Cutter I (At least 1 year of relevant work experience), Cutter II (At least 2-5 years of relevant work experience), Cutter III (At least 5 years of relevant work experience)
Computer Skills: Not applicable
Certifications & Licenses: None specifically required