**Position is located in San Marcos, Texas**
Looking for a great place to begin a career?
Join one of the world's largest privately owned industrial pipe fabrication facilities.
Epic Piping offers competitive pay as well as a range of employee benefits, including health, dental, vision, and 401k.
TASK FOR THIS POSITION:
• Abrades surfaces of metal or hard-composition objects to remove adhering scale, sand, paint, grease, tar, rust, and dirt, and to impart specified finish, using abrasive-blasting equipment: Shovels or pours abrasives, such as sand, grit, or shot of specified grade into machine hopper.
• Masks specified areas of object to protect from abrading action.
• Turns valves on equipment to regulate pressure and composition of abrasive mixture flowing through nozzle or into tumbling barrel.
• Starts equipment that directs blast or flow of abrasive-laden compressed air, gas, or liquid over surface of parts.
• May examine finished parts to ensure conformance to specifications
• Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
• Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
• Read plans, instructions, or specifications to determine work activities.
• Tend pumps, compressors, or generators to provide power for tools, machinery, or equipment or to heat or move materials, such as asphalt.
• Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, or other temporary structures.
• Mix ingredients to create compounds for covering or cleaning surfaces.
• Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces using abrasive tools or machines.
• Tend machines that pump paint concrete, grout, cement, sand, plaster, or stucco through spray guns for application to metal or hard-composition objects.
• Spray materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
• Mop, brush, or spread paints, cleaning solutions, or other compounds over surfaces to clean them or to provide protection.
- Understand the procedure and purpose for abrasive blasting.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); Preferred
Experience: 1 to 2 years’ experience
Computer Skills: Not Applicable
Certifications & Licenses: None specifically required