Epic Piping has an exciting opportunity available for a Painter to be an integral part of our Paint team. Epic takes pride in our quality of work and has a goal of building our workforce with the most talented employees. Our team has collaborated on a wide range of projects, including Leviathan in Israel and Marathon Star in Texas. We can meet you at any skill level, whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience under your belt.
- Applies paints, surface preparatory materials and undercoating materials to a variety of surfaces, as appropriate, and according to Materials Safety Data Sheets ensuring compliance with hazardous materials guidelines.
- Observe machine gauges and equipment operation to detect defects or deviations from standards and adjust, as necessary.
- Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections, or by using viscometers.
- Weigh or measure chemicals, coatings, or paints before adding them to machines.
- Turn dials, hand wheels, valves, or switches to regulate conveyor speeds, machine temperature, air pressure and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
- Start and stop operation of machines, using levers or buttons.
- Record operational data on specified forms.
- Start pumps to mix solutions and fill tanks.
- Operate auxiliary machines or equipment used in coating or painting processes.
- Fill hoppers, reservoirs, troughs, or pans with material used to coat, paint, or spray, using conveyors or pails.
- Perform test runs to ensure that equipment is set up properly.
- Clean machines, related equipment, and work areas, using water, solvents, and other cleaning aids.
- Thread or feed items or products through or around machine rollers and dryers.
- Attach hoses or nozzles to machines, using wrenches and pliers, and adjust to obtain the proper dispersion of spray.
- Remove materials, parts, or work pieces from painting or coating machines, using hand tools.
- Transfer completed items or products from machines to drying or storage areas, using handcarts, hand trucks, or cranes.
- Examine, measure, weigh, or test sample products to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Hold or position spray guns to direct spray onto articles.
- Place items or products on feed racks, spindles, or reel strands to coat, paint, or spray them, using hands, hoists, or truck lifts.
- Paint small items and perform touch-up painting, using paint brushes.
Painter III may perform these additional functions:
- Guides Paint preppers on what is needed for each paint cart.
- Identifies top priority spools and coordinates with Material Handlers and Blasters to ensure they receive attention first.
- Perform duties pertaining to specific jobs that a Foreman may delegate to them.
- Assign job tasks to Material Handlers per Manager/Foreman instructions.
- Manage skeleton crew on weekends when needed.
- Assist Foreman in overseeing projects.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Education: High School or GED; preferred
• Experience: Minimum 1 year experience preferred
• Computer Skills: Not applicable
• Certification/Licenses: None specifically required
WHY WORK FOR EPIC PIPING?
- Industry-leading training and development programs
- Competitive insurance and benefit options
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holiday time
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans available (50% company match up to 6% contributed by the employee)
- Career growth opportunities
- Work alongside industry leaders and mentors
Epic Piping is one of the largest privately owned and the fastest-growing pipe fabrication firms in the world. With over three decades of experience and backgrounds extending from engineering to welding, Epic Piping provides unmatched experience servicing the chemical, power, refining, offshore, and oil & gas industries.