Helper - Multi Positions Available
Looking for a great place to begin a career?
Join one of the world's largest privately owned industrial pipe fabrication facilities.
Epic Piping offers competitive pay as well as a range of employee benefits, including health, dental, vision, and 401k.
TASK FOR THIS POSITION:
• Operate machinery used in the production process or assist machine operators.
• Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
• Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and notify operators of any malfunctions.
• Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists.
• Mark or tag identification on parts.
• Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
• Clean and lubricate equipment.
• Record information, such as the number of products tested, meter readings, or dates and times of product production.
• Start machines or equipment to begin production processes.
• Separate products according to weight, grade, size, or composition of materials used to produce them.
• Place products in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting, or wrapping.
• Remove products, machine attachments, or waste material from machines.
• Pack and store materials and products.
• Tie products in bundles for further processing or shipment, following prescribed procedures.
• Transfer finished products, raw materials, tools, or equipment between storage and work areas of plants and warehouses, by hand or using hand trucks or powered lift trucks.
• Signal coworkers to direct them to move products during the production process.
• Prepare raw materials for processing.
• Measure amounts of products, lengths of extruded articles, or weights of filled containers to ensure conformance to specifications.
• Thread ends of items such as thread, cloth, and lace through needles and rollers, and around take-up tubes.
• Read gauges or charts, and record data obtained.
• Mix ingredients according to specified procedures or formulas.
• Position spouts or chutes of storage bins so that containers can be filled.
• Fold products and product parts during processing.
• Wash work areas, machines, equipment, vehicles, or products.
• Unclamp and hoist full reels from braiding, winding, or other fabricating machines, using power hoists.
• Dump materials such as prepared ingredients into machine hoppers prior to mixing.
• Break up defective products for reprocessing.
• Change machine gears, using wrenches.
• Cut or break flashing from materials or products.
• Perform minor repairs to machines, such as replacing damaged or worn parts.
• Attach slings, ropes, or cables to objects such as pipes, hoses, or bundles.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred or 1 year of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of education.
Computer Skills: Not applicable.
Certifications & Licenses: None specifically required.