Epic Piping has an exciting opportunity available for a Safety Specialist located at our fabrication facility in Livingston, LA.
The ideal candidate will have problem solving skills, a strong sense of safety awareness, be detail-orientated, and be able to communication effectively.
- Comply with safety, health and environmental guidelines, policies, and regulations.
- Investigate accidents to identify causes or to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Inspect and/or evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Manage respiratory program, hearing conservation program, HazComm program, confined space program, etc.
- Collect samples of dust, gases, vapors, or other potentially toxic materials for analysis.
- Investigate the adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lights or other conditions that could affect employee health, comfort, or performance.
- Conduct safety training or education programs and demonstrate use of safety equipment.
- Collaborate with engineers or physicians to institute control or remedial measures for hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Provide new employee safety orientations and develop materials for these presentations.
- Coordinate “right-to-know” programs regarding hazardous chemicals or other substances.
- Maintain or update emergency response plans or procedures.
- Inspect specified areas to ensure the presence of five prevention equipment, safety equipment, or first-aid supplies.
- Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers’ safety.
- Conduct facility inspections and audits.
- Provide regulatory training, such as forklift training, respiratory training, hearing conservation training, etc.
- Maintain a training database, OSHA records, weekly and monthly reports.
- Provide first aid care when needed.
- Manage all workers compensation injury cases.
- Remove hazardous materials as needed.
- Assist in industrial hygiene monitoring.
- Oversee regulatory environmental inspection requirements are being met with respect to air, water, and waste permits.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED): Required, Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college or technical school): Preferred
Experience: 3 plus years of experience
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills
Certifications & Licenses: OSHA Training a plus
WHY WORK FOR EPIC PIPING?
- Industry-leading training and development programs
- Competitive insurance and benefit options
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holiday time
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans available (50% company match up to 6% contributed by the employee)
- Career growth opportunities
- Work alongside industry leaders and mentors
Epic Piping is one of the largest privately owned and the fastest-growing pipe fabrication firms in the world. With over three decades of experience and backgrounds extending from engineering to welding, Epic Piping provides unmatched experience servicing the chemical, power, refining, offshore, and oil & gas industries.