Epic Piping has an exciting opportunity available for a Safety Technician located at our Fabrication facility in San Marcos, TX.
The ideal candidate will have problem solving skills, a strong sense of safety awareness, be detail-orientated, and be able to communication effectively.
- Comply with safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and regulations.
- Assist in the investigation of accidents to identify causes or to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Inspect or evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards, environmental standards, and government regulations.
- Assist in coordination of respiratory program, hearing conservation program, HazComm program, confined space program, etc.
- Conduct safety training or education programs and demonstrate use of safety equipment.
- Provide new employee safety orientations.
- Assist in the coordination of “right-to-know” programs regarding hazardous chemicals or other substances.
- Participate in engaging response plans and procedures.
- Inspect specified areas to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, or first-aid supplies.
- Recommend to site safety management the suspension of activities that pose threats to workers’ safety.
- Conduct facility inspections and audits.
- Assist in providing regulatory training, such as forklift training, respiratory training, hearing conservation training, etc.
- Assist in maintaining a training database.
- Provide first aid care when needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required, Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college or technical school): Preferred
Experience: At least one (1) year of relevant work experience
Computer Skills: Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Certifications & Licenses: OSHA training a plus
WHY WORK FOR EPIC PIPING?
- Industry-leading training and development programs
- Competitive insurance and benefit options
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holiday time
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans available (50% company match up to 6% contributed by the employee)
- Career growth opportunities
- Work alongside industry leaders and mentors
Epic Piping is one of the largest privately owned and the fastest-growing pipe fabrication firms in the world. With over three decades of experience and backgrounds extending from engineering to welding, Epic Piping provides unmatched experience servicing the chemical, power, refining, offshore, and oil & gas industries.