Epic Piping has an exciting opportunity available for a Maintenance Tech to be an integral part of our Pipe Support team. Epic takes pride in our quality of work and has a goal of building our workforce with the most talented employees. Our team has collaborated on a wide range of projects, including Leviathan in Israel and Marathon Star in Texas. We can meet you at any skill level, whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience under your belt.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment in all areas of operation.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or ammeters, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, multimeters, and other testing equipment.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring or equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Place conduit, pipes, or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Install and troubleshoot VFD’s and other control boards (AC and DC).
- Troubleshoot equipment controls, such as foot pedals and hand controls (switches and potentiometers, and DC drives.
- Construct or fabricate parts, using hand tools, according to specifications.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as moving or lifting heavy objects.
- Assist and perform other mechanical maintenance duties outside of standard electrician duties throughout the facility.
- Assist and provide support to other maintenance personnel when installing, maintaining, or repairing equipment throughout the facility.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Education: High School or GED; preferred
- Experience: 5 Years of Industrial Maintenance
- Computer Skills: Not applicable
- Certification/Licenses: Electrical NCCER Certification: Preferred
WHY WORK FOR EPIC PIPING?
- Industry-leading training and development programs
- Competitive insurance and benefit options
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holiday time
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans available (50% company match up to 6% contributed by the employee)
- Career growth opportunities
- Work alongside industry leaders and mentors
Epic Piping is one of the largest privately owned and the fastest-growing pipe fabrication firms in the world. With over three decades of experience and backgrounds extending from engineering to welding, Epic Piping provides unmatched experience servicing the chemical, power, refining, offshore, and oil & gas industries.