Check Out Inspector
Epic Piping has an exciting opportunity available for a Check Out Inspector to be an integral part of our Quality Control team. Epic takes pride in our quality of work and has a goal of building our workforce with the most talented employees. Our team has collaborated on a wide range of projects, including Leviathan in Israel and Marathon Star in Texas. We can meet you at any skill level, whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience under your belt.
- Comply with safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and regulations.
- Inspect and test welded joints of work in progress and of completed units for visible defects, correct dimensions, bead formation, weld penetration, and conformance with layout, blueprint, and work order specifications, applying knowledge of welding principles and metallurgical properties: Examine joint to detect flaws, such as cracks, cold weld, spatter, and undercuts, using flashlight and magnifying glass.
- Inspect joints for hidden cracks and pits, using magnaflux machine and ultrasonic testing equipment.
- Verify alignment and dimensions of product and setup of machines and fixtures used for work in progress.
- Inspect weldments to determine if they meet specifications, material standards and customer specification.
- Mark defective pieces and recommend scrapping or methods for reworking.
- Record inspection data.
- Identify and label products that need inspected for x-ray, U.T., and dye check.
- Verify and record head numbers of components/filler wire when required per sketch.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Education: High School or GED; preferred
- Experience: 2-3 Years related experience
- Computer Skills: Not applicable
- Certification/Licenses: None specifically required
WHY WORK FOR EPIC PIPING?
- Industry-leading training and development programs
- Competitive insurance and benefit options
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holiday time
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans available (50% company match up to 6% contributed by the employee)
- Career growth opportunities
- Work alongside industry leaders and mentors
Epic Piping is one of the largest privately owned and the fastest-growing pipe fabrication firms in the world. With over three decades of experience and backgrounds extending from engineering to welding, Epic Piping provides unmatched experience servicing the chemical, power, refining, offshore, and oil & gas industries.