Tacker - Multi Positions Available
**Position is located in San Marcos, Texas**
Looking for a great place to begin a career?
Join one of the world's largest privately owned industrial pipe fabrication facilities.
Epic Piping offers competitive pay as well as a range of employee benefits, including health, dental, vision, and 401k.
TASK FOR THIS POSITION:
- Comply with safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and regulations.
- Perform welding duties using a GTAW.
- Weld steel components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Set-up and lay out work using jigs/fixtures to fabricate parts and/or rework finish products.
- Work with fitters or fitters/welders to assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component parts.
- Operate hoist, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the jobs needs.
- Inspects and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
- Read, understand, and follow JIS requirements, engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
- Cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
- Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment; if any equipment needs repairs notify supervisor/lead or maintenance department.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks, as required.
- 0-1 years of relevant experience
- Passes GTAW weld test
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Passes all required GTAW weld tests
- 2 plus years of relevant experience
- Passes all required GTAW tests and has the ability to work in all bays without hesitation
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred
Experience: Experience in welding or related field
Computer Skills: Not applicable
Certifications/Licenses: None specifically required