**Position is located in San Marcos, Texas**
Looking for a great place to begin a career?
Join one of the world's largest privately owned industrial pipe fabrication facilities.
Epic Piping offers competitive pay as well as a range of employee benefits, including health, dental, vision, and 401k.
TASK FOR THIS POSITION:
- Applies paints, surface preparatory materials and undercoating materials to a variety of surfaces, as appropriate, and according to Materials Safety Data Sheets ensuring compliance with hazardous materials guidelines.
• Observe machine gauges and equipment operation to detect defects or deviations from standards and adjust, as necessary.
• Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections, or by using viscometers.
• Weigh or measure chemicals, coatings, or paints before adding them to machines.
• Turn dials, hand wheels, valves, or switches to regulate conveyor speeds, machine temperature, air pressure and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
• Start and stop operation of machines, using levers or buttons.
• Record operational data on specified forms.
• Start pumps to mix solutions and fill tanks.
• Operate auxiliary machines or equipment used in coating or painting processes.
• Fill hoppers, reservoirs, troughs, or pans with material used to coat, paint, or spray, using conveyors or pails.
• Perform test runs to ensure that equipment is set up properly.
• Clean machines, related equipment, and work areas, using water, solvents, and other cleaning aids.
• Thread or feed items or products through or around machine rollers and dryers.
• Attach hoses or nozzle to machines, using wrenches and pliers, and adjust to obtain the proper dispersion of spray.
• Remove materials, parts, or work pieces from painting or coating machines, using hand tools.
• Transfer completed items or products from machines to drying or storage areas, using handcarts, hand trucks, or cranes.
• Examine, measure, weigh, or test sample products to ensure conformance to specifications.
• Hold or position spray guns to direct spray onto articles.
• Place items or products on feed racks, spindles, or reel strands to coat, paint, or spray them, using hands, hoists, or truck lifts.
• Paint small items and perform touch-up painting, using paint brushes.
Painter III may perform these additional functions:
- Guides Paint preppers on what is needed for each paint cart.
- Identifies top priority spools and coordinates with Material Handlers and Blasters to ensure they receive attention first.
- Perform duties pertaining to specific jobs that a Foreman may delegate to them.
- Assign job tasks to Material Handlers per Manager/Foreman instructions.
- Manage skeleton crew on weekends when needed.
- Assist Foreman in overseeing projects.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred
Painter I: 1-3 years of experience in Industrial Painting
Painter II: 3-5 years of experience in Industrial Painting
Painter III: 5+ years of experience in Industrial Painting
Computer Skills: Not applicable.
Certifications & Licenses: None specifically required.