Painting Inspectors oversee the painting and coating of a wide range of products.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Ensure compliance with safety and environment guidelines, policies, and regulations.
• Provide assurance of the quality of the paint application.
• Verify that all surfaces are suitable conditions for painting.
• Utilize electronic tools to check paint thickness, color, viscosity and check and evaluate for corrosion.
• Report all surface defects at the prep state, primary coat, intermediate coat and final finish.
• Check and monitor all painting related works and ensure all final products meet in accordance with company procedure and client requirement.
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
• Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred
Experience: 5-10years’ experience in commercial/industrial painting
Computer Skills: None specifically required
Certificates & Licenses: NACE certified (Level I/II/III) or BGAS Level I/II/III
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this position.
Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.